This White Chickpea Chili is a vegan twist on the ever-popular white chicken chili. It’s loaded with veggies, beans and plenty of spice in a broth of coconut milk, vegetable broth, and salsa verde. Make room in your monthly meal rotation for this 30-minute dinner!
If you’re a chili lover like me, it’s fun to try something a little different than your traditional tomato-based chili recipe.
You won’t even miss the chicken, I promise!
It’s perfect for meal prep and it just gets better with time!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- A jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, petite diced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- One teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
How to make Vegan White Chickpea Chili
- Saute onion, red pepper, and jalapeno in oil along with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and oregano and cook, stirring frequently for another minute.
- Stir to combine, then bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in fresh lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings – don’t forget the homemade fried tortilla strips – and enjoy!
This is a vegan white chicken chili recipe that is a spin on the ever-popular white chicken chili. It’s loaded with veggies, beans and plenty of spice in a broth of coconut milk, vegetable broth, and salsa verde. Make room in your monthly meal rotation for this 30-minute dinner!
Recipe Notes: Red beans have a higher protein content and so do kidney beans. These nutrients make kidney beans a great food choice for vegetarians as they are a great source of dietary fibre.
Chickpea chili. Is it a soup or is it a stew? What matters is that the nutritional content is off-the-scale.
This amazing chickpea chili scores on so many points:
- A vegan recipe
- Suitable for all vegetarians
- It is delicious
- A feast for your mitochondria
Homemade Meal Prep
You can make a homemade vegan chili using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Chickpeas are a nutritious and hearty source of protein. This meal idea is both healthy and delicious!
Chickpea chili is a delicious and nutritious vegan meal idea that can serve as a vegetarian alternative to traditional beef chili.
This vegan chickpea chili is warm, filling, and makes a great dish to share with your family. It’s also vegetarian friendly.
Vegan chickpea chili is a great meal that’s both healthy and delicious. Try adding your own twist to make this meal even better!
Vegetarian dishes can be delicious and filling, so they’re perfect for people who are looking to lose weight. You can also use them to save money on your grocery bills.
Chickpea chili is a fantastic meal for anyone who wants to cut down on meat. It is quick to prepare, affordable, and very healthy. Enjoy!
Making vegan food can be simple, delicious, and healthy. It just takes a little extra work in the kitchen. This recipe is a staple meal for any family and is easy enough to be made by a beginner in the kitchen.
This guide will help you make a healthy vegan meal for your family. It’s also a good way to learn about the different ingredients and their benefits.